
oops, I forgot to flip this one!

We finally got Lydia blessed last week and, let me tell you, what a crazy day that was! Our ward organist was out of town and the lady that usually subs for him got sick so she asked me to cover for her. I literally haven't played the organ since high school but I was hoping it would all come back to me! Then, the same lady was suppose to accompany a group of men that were going to sing that day so she asked me to do that as well. Let's just say, it was NOT an easy song! Besides feeding 50+ people at my house after the blessing! It was definitely one of those high stress days that I couldn't wait to be over with. Fortunately, everything went great and it was fun having all my family there and most of DJ's. The only hitch was that Lydia refused to eat before church so she cried all through Sacrament Meeting and there was nothing I could do about it because I was up on the stand the whole time! Luckily, I have amazing sister-in-laws that took care of her for me! Thanks Deana and Jane!
And now I have to pay tribute to my amazing mother who made Lydia's beautiful blessing dress!
My mom is a very talented seemstress and has made all of my kids' blessing outfits so far! Thanks Mom!! I love you!!


4 comments:
Your mom is soo talented! I love the dress. And, you are superwoman. I am so impressed with you stepping in and doing that on such a crazy day for you!! I need some tips of what you made for the food so I can copy in a few months!
You did a great job and didn't even look stressed at all! I don't know how you do it!
Wow what a day. Way to go stepping up to save the day. Lydias dress is so pretty. She is changing so much. I am glad that your stressful day ended. I love your kids in there Christmas outfits as well- SO CUTE!
Stinky pants! I just left a really long note and blogger couldn't post it so it erased it instead... give me a call and I'll tell you all I wrote! Shar :)
Post a Comment