So, I just have a really scary story to tell and maybe it will make all you moms with babies aware of a danger I never knew exsisted until last night!
I had just put all my kids to bed and went downstairs to watch The Office with my husband when I heard Bryson scream my name. My first thought was "Ahh! He's going to wake up the baby!" (she is temporarily in his room) But then I got worried because he sounded so panicked so I bolted up the stairs to his room. When I got there I found him sitting up in bed and I asked him what the matter was. I got no response so I asked again, and then again. Finally he said hesitantly, "I have this flat spot on my tooth." I was like, that's great! Go to bed! Before I left his room I decided to check on the baby, which, being a parranoid mom, I do like 50 times a night. I couldn't tell if she was breathing so I rubbed her hand. When she didn't even stir, I got nervous and rubbed her cheek. Still no reponse, and that's when I noticed that her pajama's were pulled tight on the front of her neck. She likes to scoot backwards when she's on her back and when she did that, it pulled the back of her jammies down and the front tight across her neck. I immediatly unsnapped her jammies and her eyes came wide open and she gasped for air! My heart skipped a beat. I couldn't believe how close I had come to loosing my baby! I know this sounds like a long story but, really it all happened in about 30 sec. Thank goodness for a little boy that was in tune enough to call me with out even knowing why! I really believe he saved his sisters life!
Anyway, this was super scary and I will never snap the top button of my babies' jammies again and always make double sure there is plenty of room in thier jammies for scooting!
It's monday
14 years ago

5 comments:
so VERY scary, Kristi! Thank goodness for your sweet boy. Thanks for the heads up.
i'm glad everything ended up ok. thats a really good thing to know. thank goodness for little boys who call out in the middle of the night.
Kristen saw this post and asked me if I'd looked at your blog yet. So, I quickly checked it. I'm so sorry you had such a close call. I'm glad the Lord answers prayers. What a beautiful little miracle in your life. Give Lydia kisses on her cute cheeks for me and give her a big squeeze for me. LOVE YOU!!!
I'm glad you shared that story. So scary but I'm so grateful for the blessing that Bryson woke up. Thank goodness for the spirit and for you paying attention to your beautiful children.
So many sweet tender mercies. How grateful I am for the Holy Ghost!
Post a Comment