CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Abducted by Roswaliens...















My sister, Sharlee, and I found our adventurous side this past week and drove down to Roswell with our 5 kids to see our family. Our husbands were busy with work and such so we went husbandless. Luckily our kids were AMAZING travelers and the trip wasn't bad at all! While we were there, we played lots of games, went to Monsters vs. Aliens in 3D, ate at CiCi's Pizza (yummmm!!) I went running with my dad, went for walks, went to Target, and just hung out and relaxed. It was a great vacation and the kids had the time of their lives. They played from morning to night and went to bed every night completely exhausted!
My mom has several card games for kids and our kids would sit with her around the table for hours on end playing those games. She has so much patience! Lydia caught a cold while we were there and my mom stayed up with her half the night so I could sleep. Now that's love!
Cindy had school so we didn't get to see her as much as we wanted but the kids just love her as well. She is as tall as I am now and her feet are bigger! And she is only 12!
Pa is our kids' favorite guy in the whole world. He lets them shoot him with darts, hit him with swords, and use him as a jungle gym. As soon as he walks in the room all the kids go crazy!
Sharlee and I got to go with him to an ILEA graduation and see him do the Police Cheif thing. It's cool to hear everyone call him "Cheif"! I was proud to be the cheif's daughter! I always take my running shoes when I go to Roswell so I can go running with my dad. It's the only time I ever get my dad to myself!
Besides missing my husband to death, it was a super fun trip and I'm so glad we got to go. I miss my family so much and it just feels good to go home!



4 comments:

Stina said...

i'm glad you had such a fun trip! And that you were able to spend time with your family. Hope Lydia is feeling better! And, can't wait to see you again! We hardly know what to do with ourselves when you're gone!

Cathy said...

I'm so glad you took the time to see your family. There is nothing like being together! We had most of our's together for Easter, too! It needs to happen more~the little one's grow way too fast! You have such good parents.

Macie said...

What a fun trip! I love your family. And I understand about having a younger sibling taller/bigger feet than you! :)

Halfphild said...
This comment has been removed by the author.