CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Slow but Sure...

















We've been home from our San Diego trip for a couple weeks and I'm just barely getting around to blogging about it. We've had kind of a busy summer scedule with trips and reunions and such but mostly I just try to plan something fun to do everyday so we can make the most out of our summer!






We joined Sharlee and her cute family in San Diego this past month for a super fun vacation on the beach! We split a beach house for the week and just relaxed and played and had a blast! We went to Sea World and Old Town and even hit the Outlet mall that was right on the Mexican boarder (and I do mean RIGHT, like the parking lot was surrounded by a huge cement wall topped with barbed wire!) but most of our time was spent playing in the waves and hunting for sea shells on the beach. It was beautiful and the weather was perfect. I even got to go running on the beach while I was there, something that I have always wanted to do.






Bryson LOVED playing in the waves and, as always, was completely fearless which made me a nervous wreck. Speaking of nervous wreck, trying to keep the sand out of Lydia's mouth and eyes was an impossible task and by the end of the week I had vowed to NEVER take an 8 month old to beach AGAIN!






It was an amazing week but we were glad to get home to our own beds and to finally wash all the sand out of our hair and clothes!

2 comments:

Sharlee said...

Thanks for coming with us! It was oh, so fun!

Stina said...

Glad you had such a great time! Maybe we can go together someday and both go running on the beach!!!