CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, August 17, 2009

When the Cat's Away...

The mice come out to play! (Isn't that how the saying goes?)



DJ went to Seatle last week to work on the temple. They were doing some remodling and DJ got hired to frame so the kids and I were on our own! We planned something fun for everyday he was gone to make the time go by faster and MAN were we exhausted by the end of the week! Here are some of the things we did!




Monday: Lexi has been wanting to have a tea party with here friends for a long time so we made tiny pink cupcakes and invited several of her friends over. They all came in their princess attire and we played princess music and they ate and danced and played! Bryson and Austin were the servants and did an awesome job helping me serve the food to the girls!



Tuesday: We went to the Thanksgiving Point Children's Gardens with Sharlee and Christina and their kids.





Wednesday: We went to my nephew, Quaid's birthday party in Eagle Mtn. My sister-in-law. Kristy, made the cutest semi truck cake and had an inflatable water slide in her back yard. It was was right up my kids' alley and gave us an excuse to see her cute new house!

We also went to my Grandmas that night for dinner with my aunts and uncles!


Thursday: We spent the day at Shar's house while we had a DVD player installed in our new van! Best invention in the world!





Friday: Was my nephew, Hyrum's birthday and he chose to go to Lagoon rather than get presents. Luckily he invited us! My amazing Grandma watched Lydia for me and Sharlee and I tookour kids and spent the day at Lagoon! I haven't been there in YEARS and I LOVE rollercoasters so I think I was more excited than the kids! We went on the perfect day because there were NO lines and the weather was perfect! Bryson was afraid of the big rollercoasters because he didn't think they were built very well he thought they were going to fall apart while we were on them! He is his father's son!
After Lagoon we went to Shar's house for volcano cake and ice cream. Sharlee made the most amazing volcano cake with dry ice inside so it actually smoked! I wish I had a picture!
Saturday: Was the ward pool party which was cold but fun!
The kids and I planned a whole welcome home party for DJ complete with balloons, gifts from the dollar store and an apple pie!
Needless to say we were EXHAUSTED by the end of the week and very ready to have our dad back!









4 comments:

Stina said...

You are such a fun mom! I just love going on adventures with you!

Sharlee said...

That was a party week! And I love the semi cake- it is a good one! Tell Bryson to have fun at school!

The Finlinsons said...

Oh, it all sounds like so much fun! I wish I were there playing and doing all these fun things! It's kind of lonely here in Kansas City! (I guess it's even worse that our little family has been sick all week..)

Carlie said...

Hi guys! How fun to find your blog! Hope things are going good. We will have to get together again sometime!