CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, March 30, 2009

7 years and counting!

DJ and I had our 7 year anniversary last week! It's hard to believe it's been that long but at the same time our wedding day seems like such a distant memory!
Looking back, it's hard to believe how far we've come since we first got married.
We were living in Las Cruces, NM when we were engaged but we flew up to Utah to get married in the Mt. Timpanogus Temple. At the time we didn't have a dime to our name. In fact, the only money we had was the $25 we got when DJ closed out a bank account he had in Utah. So, we literally had $25 between the two of us! We were counting on getting money from our reception to pay for our first months rent in our apartment back in Las Cruces (thanks to all of you that gave us money as a gift!!). We scraped by for a couple of months living off of Wal-Mart gift cards and money from our wedding. DJ was working construction at the time but work was very slow and he was often sent home. I was going to school and working part time at Corbett Corner making $5.75 an hour. As soon as the semester ended we decided to move to Utah so that DJ could finish school. With no place to live and only the money from selling our furniture, we packed everything we had in our little blue Toyota pick-up (including my piano!) and the Lumina and drove to Utah. With in a couple hours of getting to Utah, DJ had a job with my uncle paying $10 and hour (alot to us back then) and not long after we had a place to live with an elderly lady who actually payed us to live there and take care of her! Ever since then the blessings have just poured in! Seven years and three kids later, here we are with a wonderful job, a beautiful house and still as in love as the day we met!
I am so lucky to have such an awesome husband who takes such good care of me and our kids.
He makes me laugh everyday and keeps life fun and exciting! I never have to worry about having what we need because I know DJ will take care of it. He is the hardest working person I have ever met in my life and is also an amazing roll model for our kids. I am so grateful to be married to such an amazing man and I can't wait to see what the next 7 years will bring!







This year we stayed at the Zermott in Midway for our Anniversary. My sister-in-law, Jane, watched the two older kids and we brought Lydia along with us. Her favorite part was the complimentary magazines, which she took full advantage of!
My favorite part was the sea food buffet at Schneiders Restaurant! It was AMAZING! Expensive but amazing. But don't worry, I ate enough coconut shrimp to more than cover the cost of dinner! Yum!! DJ was obviously excited to be there!

2 comments:

Stina said...

congrats! What a cute post. I loved learning more about you and DJ! I can't believe how poor you were. Brent married the bank when he found me! :)

And, wow, DJ is such a great guy and such a hard worker. You are lucky. (DJ, is it okay that I wrote that???)

Jody said...

Looks like a fun getaway! I bet Lexi and Bryson had fun with their cousins.

I've been meaning to call and tell you this because I thought it was so funny...and weird...but I'll just write it before I forget. The other day Brock walked in, totally sad, and out of the blue, said, "Mom, DJ doesn't love me." I saw how sad he was and said, "Of course DJ loves you!!" And he said, "No. He doesn't love me! He likes me, but he doesn't love me." I tried so hard not to laugh but it was hilarious!! It was so random and he really had put some serious thought into this and was heartbroken about it. Tell DJ he better be on his toes around Brock next time!! :)